Here's a little recap of our little Christmas holiday. This was our first Christmas away from home, as well as my birthday, so we wanted to make it special for just the two of us. We had skype dates with our families, and my sister was the "Ostler Family Christmas Correspondent" sending me pictures, texts and videos of all the sweet moments back home. We brought a few favourite traditions from each of our families, but all that aside, I was really excited to start our own traditions and make the holiday ours.
These photos are from my phone. Not the greatest quality, a little blurry....oh well!
I hope all of you had a great holiday. Thank you so much for all your support and lovely comments, it means so much to me to be so welcomed into this little community we call the blogosphere.
1 &2. Yes, we had matching reindeer antlers
3. homemade ornaments made by my sister
4. Our Christmas morning breakfast tradition, Eggs Benedict
5. Our Christmas dinner, Cornish Hens, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Steamed Veggies
6. My birthday gift from the BF. I didn't ask for them, he did it all on his own!
7. My birthday cake. Yep! An ice cream cake with Santa on it! (that's a tradition that will never grow old!)