Sunday, September 8, 2013

the last time

sorry for the blurry photos, they were taken on my iphone.  

These thoughts are a little bit jumbled.  Bare with me.

Last month I had a week vacation, and spent it back home in Brampton, Ontario.  I was visiting my Mom and helping out any way I could to get our family home ready to be put up for sale.  
I gardened, packed boxes, cleaned, took shelves off the walls, lifted things, carried things, all while trying to soak in my last moments there.
I grew up only ever living in one house, which is rare these days, but over the years it's acted more like a meeting place where we can all reconvene.   And luckily my oldest sister was able to fly out and meet up with my Mom, middle sister, and I, for one last hurrah.  I really do have the best family.
I have so many memories there and will never forget the wall paper we used to have in the kitchen, or the Christmas tree lighting up the big window in the living room, or playing dress up in backyard with the neighbors kids.  
It may sound strange, but I hope the buyers are a young family looking for a great place to raise their kids and join the community.  
The photos on the right are being in my (nearly empty) bedroom for the last time, and looking out my bedroom window to the big maple tree in the front yard.  And the photo with the four of us together is right before leaving for the airport to head back to Vancouver, aka. right before I started crying.  
I'm never going to be there again. And that makes me sad.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww.... I am sure you all have left some positive loving energy in that house that will be felt by a new young family eager to buy the house and start their own family memories.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments & you!