Monday, December 30, 2013

This Holiday Season - 2013


This holiday season was a bit of a blur.  But looking back, we managed to have a few sweet moments.  
I really tried to make time to enjoy a few Christmas-y things.  
Including shopping for a real Christmas tree, I insist on a real tree.  Also watching all kinds of Christmas movies, Christmas Vacation, Elf, How the Grinch Stole Christmas and a few other sappy ones on Netflix.  
  
Kea also had an amazing 2nd birthday, with an amazing doggy cake from Three Dog Bakery.  Kea absolutely loved it, and it lasted a few days, so she had some great dinners.  
Ashly treated me to a showing of The Nutcracker.  It was both my first time seeing it, as well as any ballet.  And I absolutely loved it! The cutest little kids played the cutest little mice!
I got in a bit of baking, including trying chocolate truffles for the first time.  My big sister is the master, and I hope I at least lived up to her fame.
The Bf and I had a good Christmas Day, just us and the dog.  We did miss our families, and skype had to suffice.  This was my families first Christmas in my Mom's new house.  I haven't been there yet, and so wanted to be there to help christen the new place.  
Hope you all had an amazing holiday,  what were some of your highlights?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments & you!