Monday, January 6, 2014

new year...new me?


resolutions and goals....kinda the same thing, right? I definitely have some of both.  
This past year wasn't necessarily a bad year, but it wasn't necessarily a great year either, I'll settle for good. 

I've been dealing with what feels like a lot, but with 2014 already in motion, I know I'm not dealing with it alone.  I have learned that I have a great support system around me and I am truly thankful for them (you all know who you are :)).  It can get really easy to get down on yourself, but its even easier to get back up with some help.

My Life
A few of the things going on in my little head feel sometimes like they are all revolving around one thing, missing my Dad.  It's now been over a year since his passing and I'm still working towards being able to write/talk/express about it, but for now, I'm ok with that, and know it's a long journey.  When I flew home to see him and stayed through the holidays to mourn/spend time with my family.  I was away from work for about a month and a half, and the majority of that time was without pay.  And earlier that year, I was without work (by choice) for about two months.  That's over three months with no income, and a lot of flights home (and Canadian flights are soo pricey!)
All this being said is that debt has now become my acquaintance (we could never be friends).  I've already taken action in fixing this and taken on a part time job (back in September).

My biggest resolution/goal for 2014, to be debt free!! I'm on my way, but still have a lot of work to do.

My Love
The Bf is the love of my life, and this year, more than any of the other five years we've been together, I really want to show him how much I love him.  I know he knows, but I want to return the favor.  He loves me, treats me so well, and takes such good care of me, that I want him to know just how much I care about him (and it's a lot!)

My resolution is to be more in love!

My Career
I think it's a little funny that I talk about money in the section above about my life, but right now, my career isn't necessarily at top of mind.  I like my job(s), and I can deal with the daily grind.  I think what I want to work towards this new year is the idea of being more.  I want to envelope myself in all things creative, writing, blogging, sewing, photography, knitting, reading, and lots more, and just see where it takes me.  I think a big part of this is opening up my mind and saying yes to more things that pop up in life.

My resolution/goal is to say yes more!!

I wanted to add in this little article, as I think it'll be a great a push for me in the right direction blogging wise, and a great tool and resource to learn new things.

My Soul
I've been having this imaginary battle with myself to really ensure and prove to myself that I'm a good person and care about the world and those in it.  And I feel that volunteering is the perfect way to feel like part of the bigger picture.  I'm hoping where I end up volunteering that animals are involved.  I just love them so much!

Here are a couple of other great resolutions that I came across that I found really inspiring. one, two, three.  I can really relate to just about all of these things listed, and think we could all take a few of these things to heart.
What are some things your looking forward to in the new year? are you a goal or a resolution kinda person?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments & you!