Monday, January 9, 2012
Goals for 2012
I don't know about you, but it's hard to make such a drastic change and I end up feeling even worse when I've broken my resolution. And they usually don't last past January.
The reason for goals is that I like the feeling of working towards something. Knowing that I don't have to make such a drastic change from what I'm regularly used to, eases my mind that I'm not going to fail. So, here's what I'm working towards for 2012!
1. Live healthier. I want to eat lots of healthy foods and be more active.
Yes, this does include working out more and so far I've been doing alright. I bought an online coupon for some yoga classes and they will tide me over for most of January and maybe a bit into February. And I've also been jogging. I did have a little hitch in my plan over this past week though, I've been hit with a cold and sore throat so I had to lay a little low, but I pushed through and went to yoga this afternoon (it was a bit intense, but kinda worth it). I plan on jogging throughout the year, and then changing around what my other workout is roughly month to month in order to keep myself interested.
I'm not gonna lie, I looove chips, french fries, and pretty much anything made form a potato! And let's be honest, I'm not going to stop eating things I like all together just because they're higher in calories or fat or down right bad for you. I'll be eating them in moderation, and definitely watch my portion control. I 'm excited to eat lots of veggies and fruit and if I can, have a salad in at least one meal everyday. My Bf ,aka, my personal chef, are going to work together to have some super yummy yet healthy meals.
Don't you worry, I'll keep you updated with any of my workout woes ;)
2. Taking more photos. This goal not only benefits my blog life, and all of you, but stimulates my creativity. Ever since the Bf and I were in Europe (over a year and a half ago! crazy!) I've really taken to photography. As most of you guys know, I just have a Canon powershot (basic point and shoot) and I feel like I've mastered that. I'm ready for the challenge of a SLR camera!! I'm saving up to get one. And when that happens, I want to take a course to teach me the basics of photography as well as the basics of how to use my new camera. This makes me soo excited! and I'm ready for the challenge! I'd really like to develop my skills and see where they take me!
So any suggestions or recommendations as to camera, brand, or anything about photography would be greatly appreciated!
3. Reading more often. I haven't always been the best reader, even as a kid. I've always been a bit slow at it. In elementary school I enjoyed reading aloud because I was able to take my time and get through every word so that everyone could hear it. Now, if I were to read out loud, people may think I was one of the crazies on the bus or something. Clearly I'm not crazy, so I just read at home, or at a coffee shop (not out loud, lol). I usually take a couple of months to read one book and its because I'll read a chapter before bed a couple nights a week. Well, now I'm going to challenge myself to read anytime of the day. Instead of being on Pinterest for 3 hours, I'll be on there for 1 hour, and then spend the other 2 hours curled up with a book. Seems fair (sorry Pinterest! I do really love you!).
If anyone has any good books to share, I'd love some suggestions!
4. Pet more dogs. I know, I know! I had this as a resolution last year, and out of everything, this one I kept. And to make this goal easier this year, guess what? The Bf and I are getting our very own dog!!!!! He surprised me at Christmas with a Book called The Encyclopedia of Dog Breeds, with a little note saying, Yes, it's true. That is what this means. I screamed and cheered and gave him the biggest kiss ever!! We're going to start looking after at the end of January and plan on adopting.
Don't you worry, cute dog photos are coming. your. way!
5. Blog. I'd like to make more of a commitment to my blog and to you, the readers. Life gets in the way sometimes, and that's ok, but I really feel like this blog, this little corner of the internet that's mine needs some love and care. I look forward to more writing, more photos, building my html skills (which I have none!) and putting myself out there in the blog world! Meeting new people and making friends.
The start of a new year doesn't have to be the only time to feel like a fresh start, but it's as good a time as any. I kinda feel like posting this goals on here for you all to see will help keep myself accountable, and makes things seem more realistic. I'm ready to do it!!!
What are you guys working towards this year? I'd love to help support you in those goals!
Happy new year to you all! I hope 2012 is the best year yet!