Thursday, April 5, 2012

reflections

image via pinterest

I was thinking about the goals i made for 2012 (you can read them here), and it got me reflecting on the year thus far.  With springtime blooming all around me it can get distracting from a set plan.

One of my goals was to live healthier and I talked about Yoga.  I loved it! But I'll be honest, since it's ended I haven't really been doing any other workouts.  With the dog and all, my time has been a bit monopolized.  I take her for walks, but a lot of the time it's my Bf doing it because our work schedules are so opposite.  I'm usually chasing her around the house, or vise versa, and playing so she's keeping me a little active, but it's not quite measuring up just yet.  When she's a little older her breed is great to jog/run with.  And I'll be honest, I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up with her!  
Diet wise, I've been doing better, but it's kind of in phases.  I'll have a week of meals that are fruit filled and lots of salads and yummy things.  Then I'll have a week, like this past week, where I feel like I've had pasta for every meal! (it doesn't help when the Bf makes homemade spaghetti sauce).  I could definitely work on this portion of living healthier.  I've thought of doing a cleanse, drinking smoothies, something to make a change.  Any tips? suggestions?

Taking more photos is definitely going to be easier now that I've gotten a new camera!! I know, I just posted at the beginning of the week about my hunting skills, but that evening I got a response from someone and went to get it right away!  I got a Canon 2D and so far I've just barely gotten past figuring out how to turn it on.  I'm looking into taking a class or something to help figure things out.  If anyone feels like giving me a tutorial, I'd love some help!  

I'm definitely reading more often.  Hello! Hunger Games!! I read the first one and loved it.  But, like the Twilight Saga, I plan on reading a different book in between each installment.  That way it isn't over so quickly! Currently I'm reading Bossypants, by Tina Fey. It's hilarious!

Petting more dogs is definitely happening, considering I now have my very own! 
I won't go on about Kea, you already know so much!

Lastly, my goal to give more attention to my blog has been a blessing.  I've been posting more often and from that my readership is growing.  Thanks to all of you! I look forward to the day when I hit 100 followers, aka, new friends!  You know you wanna help me get there ;)

I hope you all have a lovely long weekend!  I'll be keeping these goals in mind during mine!

1 comment:

  1. I think I should look at my resolutions, too, to see what needs to be done :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments & you!