Wednesday, August 7, 2013

diy: feather headdress


With Squamish Valley Music Festival starting tomorrow, I thought it would be fitting to share with you, one of the key pieces to one out my planned outfits.  The feather headdress.  
I was inspired by this one, and thought I'd give it a go.
I picked up some scrap leather at the local fabric shop, 
and luckily a piece was long enough to make some straps.  
Here are the super easy steps:


1. Cut out your leather pieces to make some sort of rectangular shape.  
As long or as short, as wide or as thin as you want.


2. Glue down your straps.  
3. Create a soft seam by folding over the edges and gluing them down as well.
 4. Lay out your feathers and arrange them however you like.  Then with a strip of glue, lay then out lining up to the half way point of the width of your leather.  


5. Then glue down the bottom half of your leather creating a center fold.  
6. Voila! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments & you!