Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Squamish Style - day 2


hat: gifted
top: Lauren Moshi via Hudson's Bay
shorts and cross ring: Forever 21
purse: Pendleton 
sunnies: H&M
sandals: Aldo

The second day of Squamish Valley Music Festival was the day I was most looking forward too.  The line up was filled with some of my favourtie bands.  And what a day it was!!
We arrived in time to see Deap Valley, a two part, girl grunge band, who pleasantly surprised me.  The amount of sound these two ladies can conjure up, paired with a killer voice, it was pretty much a dance party and totally got us pumped up for the day.  Next up was a must see for me, Dragonette.  The lead singer, Martina Sobara, was my choice for best dressed artist, with her high waisted denim shorts, striped blouse and black studded ankle boots. Then followed by, what must have been an audience sing along, with Dan Mangan. At this point our group split up a bit and some went to watch Jurassic 5, which is rumored to be one of the best shows of the entire festival,  and some, including me, stayed to get a good spot for Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.  You'll be glad to hear the Macklemore didn't disappoint, and in the near future will have dual citizenship to Canada.  I think he's pretty stoked about that.  Last was Vampire Weekend, and let me tell you, the crowd was loving it! I had so much fun, that I came home with a tshirt! 
With all that being said, it was a looong day.  We went to watch A Tribe Called Red, but I didn't last more than fifteen minutes, before heading to bed.  
Festival goers do have the luxury of sleeping in, seeing as most things don't get under way until the early afternoon.  And sleep in, I did.  Muahahahah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments & you!