Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The most wonderful time of the year

I'm a Christmas baby, through and through. It helps that my birthday is on Christmas Day, but I love everything to do with the season. I have a wide collection of classic Christmas movies which I watch every year. I simply can't wait till Starbucks puts out their Christmas cups. i can't resist the urge to make snowmen, and snow angels every time it snows (which you saw in my first post!), and as soon as December 1st hits, my preset radio stations switch around and Christmas carols take over the number 1 spot!
This year, things are a little different, seeing as I'm on the other side of the country. Vancouver did manage to have 1 snow fall so far (it was mayhem! 5 cm, oh my! I'm from Ontario, that's nothing people!), it lasted about a day and a half before it was melted by rain, so I squeezed in a little outdoor fun.
My family and I have a lot of traditions during this time of year. I can't wait to see them, we head home DEC 14th, and we'll be home for about 3 weeks. One of my favourite things is that we all still make Christmas lists....yes, I know Christmas isn't all about gifts and presents, but we like to spoil each other a little bit now and then. Its the thought that counts, and seeing their face and knowing you helped make their day is a great feeling.
Seeing that I've just moved across the country and still currently looking for work, I've had to make this year a little bit of a home-made Christmas. This just means a little more time and effort put into the gifts i give the ones i love. This thought, I like, it warms my heart.

Here's a sneak peek of a few things I'm working on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments & you!