Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

I'm back!! I hope everyone had an amazing week! And an awesome new years!! I’ve spent the last week up at my bf’s cottage with his family, and a few of our friends. I’ve been going there for years, even before we were dating. I heart cottage sooo much. It’s one of my favourite places in the whole wide world.

We were busy little bees. We made a skating rink out on the lake, which sounds easy, but can be quite tedious. Shovelling, flooding, scraping, and then do it all again. Then, if your lucky, you have a homemade ice rink. Keep your fingers crossed that the weather is on your side too! The boys were out there for hours on end playing hockey and skating around. Us girls were out there too, but took a couple extra breaks for hot chocolates with mini marshmallows.
There was also a bit of game playing too. Weather wasn’t on our side so much in the later half of the week. Board games are an awesome way to pass the time when its raining and just poopy outside. We even played a few dvd games like scene it…..of course I won!

Overall I had an amazing time. The cottage is just such a cozy, relaxing place that its hard to not feel at peace. And that’s a great way to start off the new year.
I hope for nothing but the best for each and everyone of you for 2011, I just know its gonna be great!!


What did you lovelies do to ring in the new year? I'd love to hear about it!!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Holly! :)

    There's a snowfall warning tomorrow.. eek. Stay warm.

    delia
    http://lovelaughlipglosses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments & you!